This post to introduce a new series of posts to explain how with few modifications and the way of child theme of twentyten theme containing just modified files, it possible to create a multilingual website. Here, the child theme is named twentyten-xili and his parent is default shipped twentyten.
In functions.php file of child theme some functions where added to improve multilingual features delivered by xili-language plugin. The child style.css is very short and contains just the lines to format languages menu automatically added to header menu and for widget added in sidebar.
Next post : the child theme content… and the advantage of this approach.
- xili-language 2.15.2 : shipped for WP 4.0 September 23, 2014
- xili-language v. 2.15.1: flag features improved for theme’s developer August 24, 2014
- xili-language v. 2.15: the easy way to manage flags for language selection! July 20, 2014
- xili-dictionary version 2.9 shipped: the path to maturity ! June 29, 2014
- xili-language version 2.14 shipped ! June 10, 2014
HowTo: Multilingual website configuration
xili-language plugin: Creation of a multilingual website with WordPress 3.0 and his new theme twentyten
- Important information : date of posts and versions
- This site is powered by xili-language v. 2.5.0 – [updated to 2.7.0]
- xili-language v. 2.1 released…
- Episode #6 – Child theme, Multilingual website: Questions in bulk…
- Episode #5 – Step of widget and tips and tricks
- Episode #4 – Multilingual Nav Menus
xiligroup était au WordCamp Paris du 14 Mai..